1. Publication reference:
European Development Fund.
Financing agreement No 9PTF MY3/FED/2007/019-392.
5. Contracting authority:
EDF Territorial Authorising Officer, President of the General Council of Mayotte.
6. Contract description:
To carry out the first phase with tank No 1 of the storage installation for non-hazardous waste in Dzoumogne, which includes: excavation, passive sealing, active sealing, management of rainwater, management of underground water, gas and leachate networks, buildings, composting platform, roads and services, general equipment (weighbridge, cleaning area, etc.), green areas. Subsequent to publication of the contract notice and invitation to tender procedures, the contracting authority is under no obligation to implement the project published.
7. Number and titles of lots:
1 lot only.
Conditions for participation
8. Eligibility and rule of origin:
Participation in the contract is open on equal terms to all natural persons and legal entities (irrespective of whether they are taking part as individuals or as part of a grouping (consortium) of tenderers) from the EU Member States that contribute to the European Development Fund, ACP countries and territories, and also to international organisations, as authorised by the instrument applicable to the programme under which the contract is financed (see also point 22 hereafter). All the goods supplied under this contract must originate in these countries.
9. Grounds for exclusion:
Tenderers must submit a signed declaration, included with the tender form for a works contract, confirming that they are not in any of the situations listed in section 2.3.3 of the Practical Guide to contract procedures in the context of external actions.
10. Number of tenders:
Single tender. Tenders for part of the project will not be considered. Tenderers may not submit a variant tender in addition to their tender for the work required in the invitation to tender dossier.
11. Tender guarantee:
Tenderers must provide a tender guarantee of 80 000 EUR when they submit their tender. This will be returned to unsuccessful tenderers once the invitation to tender procedure has been completed and to the successful tenderer(s) once the contract has been signed by all parties. This guarantee will be drawn on if the tenderer does not honour all the obligations stipulated in the invitation to tender.
12. Performance bond:
The successful tenderer will be required to provide a performance bond for 10 % of the contract value when the contract is signed. The bond must be furnished within 30 days of the date on which the tenderer receives the contract signed by the contracting authority. If the successful tenderer does not furnish the bond within the time allowed, the contract will be rendered void and a new contract may then be drawn up and sent to the tenderer with the second best compliant tender.
13. Briefing and/or site visit:
The contracting authority will hold a mandatory site visit in Dzoumogne on 13.9.2010, starting at 9:00.
Person to contact for the visit: Youssouf Dahalani/Ibrahim Ahmed Combo, Directorate for the Environment and Sustainable Development ZI NEL. Tel. +262 269649906 (switchboard). Fax +262 269649949. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
14. Tender validity:
Tenders are to be valid for 90 days from the final date for submission of tenders.
15. Performance period (commencing on contract signature and running until final payment):
The performance period for this contract is 12 months.
Selection and award criteria
16. Selection criteria:
Administratively, economically and technically compliant: the tenderer must be in the construction trade, with expertise gained over the past 5 years in carrying out studies and works, particularly on excavation and sealing projects of the same type and complexity as those envisaged, under similar conditions. In the case of a joint venture, consortium or grouping, the combined references of the members must fulfil the following conditions.
The minimum selection criteria for each tenderer are as follows:
1. he must be a registered company or natural person capable of carrying out the required work;
2. in the case of a joint venture, it must meet (as a whole) the minimum qualification criteria listed below;
3. average annual turnover for the past 3 years must have been equivalent to 10 000 000 EUR;
4. he must carry out at least 70 % of the works under the contract using his own resources, which means that he must have the equipment, materials, human resources and financial means needed to carry out this percentage of the contract;
5. sole tenderers must have access to sufficient credit and other financial facilities to ensure steady cash flow throughout the contract period. In any event, the amount of available credit must exceed the equivalent of 4 000 000 EUR;
6. if a main partner in a joint venture/consortium, he must carry out at least 50 % of the works under the contract using his own resources, as detailed in the previous sub-clause 4. In the case of a joint venture/consortium, the main partner must be the one responsible for excavation operations;
7. if he is among the other members of a joint venture/consortium (i.e. not the main partner), he must be able to carry out at least 10 % of the works under the contract using his own resources, as detailed in sub-clause 4;
8. during the past 5 years, he must have completed at least 3 projects that equate to those envisaged in terms of their nature/value/complexity. The contracting authority reserves the right to request copies of final handover certificates signed by the project managers/contracting authorities for the projects concerned;
9. all key staff members (general foreman) must have at least 10 years' appropriate experience and certificates confirming qualifications relevant to the performance of work similar to that involved in the project (CVs to be provided);
10. for the sealing works, Asqual or equivalent certificates need to be provided for at least 1 site manager and 2 welders. For different certification, the candidate must provide proof that these 2 certifications are equivalent, by referring to Asqual frames of reference.
17. Award criterion:
18. Procedures for obtaining the invitation to tender dossier:
The invitation to tender dossier can be obtained from theDeputy Directorate-General for Development, Infrastructure and the Environment, General Council of Mayotte, Public Procurement Unit , ex CFA Kaweni , 97600 Mamoudzou , MAYOTTE. Tel. +262 269649612 . Fax +262 269649623 .
The dossier and additional elements may also be consulted at the offices of the contracting authority, DGAIE Kaweni. The standard tender form enclosed with the invitation to tender dossier must be used to draw up tenders, and the clauses and format of this form must be strictly adhered to.
Questions concerning this invitation to tender must be sent in writing to the Deputy Director-General for Development, Infrastructure and the Environment (quoting 'Projet EuropeAid/129545/D/WKS/YT'), Public Procurement Unit, ex CFA Kaweni, 97600 Mamoudzou, MAYOTTE (tel. +262 269649612, fax +262 269649623) at least 21 days before the final date for submission of tenders given in point 19.
The contracting authority must reply to the questions no later than 11 days prior to the final date for submission of tenders. Clarifications concerning the invitation to tender dossier may be published on the EuropeAid website: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/online-services/index.cfm?do=publi.welcome
19. Final date for submission of tenders:
Tenders received after this deadline will not be considered.
20. Tender opening session:
16.11.2010 (11:00) at the Deputy Directorate-General for Development, Infrastructure and the Environment, General Council of Mayotte.
21. Language for the procedure:
French must be used for all correspondence concerning this invitation to tender.
22. Legal basis:
Decision on the association of the overseas countries and territories (OCTs) with the European Community (Decision 2001/822/EC), which was adopted on 27.11.2001 by the Council of the European Union (EU) and entered into force on 2.12.2001. This Decision was amended on 19.3.2007 (Decision 2007/249/EC).