SummaryPlease scroll down for full details
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name and addresses
I.4)Type of the contracting authority
Section II: Object
II.1)Scope of the procurement
Auditor and Accountancy Services for Brooke Weston Trust.
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
Brooke Weston Trust has a requirement to recruit an independent accountant and auditor to ensure the Trust and schools within its remit, have the necessary financial processes and checks in place to meet the requirements laid out in the Academies Financial Handbook and Academies Account Directive.
It is important that the selected organisation has experience of working with Multi Academy Trusts, and would be able to provide comprehensive audit and accountancy support, for preparation of accounts, pensions, VAT and Tax.
II.1.5)Estimated total value
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.2)Additional CPV code(s)
II.2.3)Place of performance
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
Brooke Weston Trust is a Multi-Academy Trust of 10 schools; see section Business Overview & Background. The schools are located in the Corby, Kettering and Wisbech areas. Should other Academies be added to Brooke Weston Trust, these would also be included in the scope of work.
It is planned that the Auditors will be appointed to commence work during quarter one of 2017/18. As a Multi Academy Trust our financial year commences in September in line with the academic year.
Bidders should be able to demonstrate they hold the relevant recognised UK Chartered Accountant qualifications pertinent to this project.
1. Carry out internal audits at all schools and Trust central office to ensure internal processes are being followed. (Completed by different person to 2 & 3) — Quarterly
2. Prepare Trust Annual Accounts (Completed by different person to 1) — Annually
3. Carry out the external audit of The Brooke Weston Trust. (Completed by different person to 1) — Annually
4. Extra Services
Audit Teachers' Pension Return Annually
Audit Teaching School Return Annually
Advice on VAT & Tax Adhoc
Accountancy Advice Adhoc
3 Years with option for additional 2 years
Please submit any clarification questions during this period.
14.7.2017 — 23.8.2017
Answers will be communicated back on the following dates:
This project will be evaluated on
20 % Price
80 % Non Price
Annual and Contract Costs should be broken down for the above 4 categories. Any additional fees including details of hourly rates should be supplied on a 5th line.
Non Price Evaluation will be based on bidders response to the following questions
1. 5 % Provide logistical summary of how support will be delivered, and detail availability and flexibility that we can benefit from.
2. 10 % Provide details of level of support available during the internal audits, external audits, preparation of accounts, and extra services laid out in the requirements. Responses should include timescales (days) expected to carry out each activity.
3. 5 % Evidence of capacity to take on new clients
4. 5 % Experience of recent experience working with a MAT, detail size, services and level of support provided.
5. 5 % Provide details of experience of working with PS Financials and any relevant information.
6. 10 % Provide references. Does the company have a good reputation within the Academy Sector, for reliability and knowledge?
7. 10 % Provide details of qualification levels of staff carrying out required activities, and size of the team within the firm
8. 10 % Present company, staff and proposed solution to BWT Panel
9. 5 % Provide a sample management letter
10. 10 % Provide a sample audit plan
11. 5 % Provide an annual schedule of delivery
Documents are published to add responses, also see Tender Pack.
II.2.7)Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
36 months with option to extend for further 24 months.
II.2.10)Information about variants
II.2.11)Information about options
II.2.12)Information about electronic catalogues
II.2.13)Information about European Union funds
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1)Conditions for participation
III.1.1)Suitability to pursue the professional activity, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Recognised UK Chartered Accountancy qualifications and associated qualifications with Audit and Accountancy Services.
III.1.2)Economic and financial standing
III.1.3)Technical and professional ability
III.1.5)Information about reserved contracts
III.2)Conditions related to the contract
III.2.1)Information about a particular profession
III.2.2)Contract performance conditions:
III.2.3)Information about staff responsible for the performance of the contract
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.3)Information about a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system
IV.1.4)Information about reduction of the number of solutions or tenders during negotiation or dialogue
IV.1.6)Information about electronic auction
IV.1.8)Information about the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
IV.2.1)Previous publication concerning this procedure
IV.2.2)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.2.3)Estimated date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.2.4)Languages in which tenders or requests to participate may be submitted:
IV.2.6)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.2.7)Conditions for opening of tenders
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
VI.2)Information about electronic workflows
VI.4)Procedures for review
VI.4.2)Body responsible for mediation procedures
VI.4.4)Service from which information about the review procedure may be obtained
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: