Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name and addresses
The Plaza, East Point Business
Contact person: Achilles on behalf of Enterprise Ireland
Telephone: +353 14020114
NUTS code: IE021
Main address: http://www.enterprise-ireland.com
Address of the buyer profile: https://irl.eu-supply.com/ctm/Company/CompanyInformation/Index/434
I.4)Type of the contracting authority
Section II: Object
II.1)Scope of the procurement
Establishment of a Single Party framework agreement for Communications and Research Services to support Enterprise Ireland Client Companies.
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
Enterprise Ireland wishes to tender for the provision of communications and research services from suitably qualified service providers and to establish a single party framework agreement for such services for a 4-year period.
II.1.5)Estimated total value
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.2)Additional CPV code(s)
II.2.3)Place of performance
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
In January 2017, Enterprise Ireland launched its four year strategy ‘Build Scale, Expand Reach’. The objective of the new strategy is to transform the innovation and competitive capabilities of Irish businesses, to expand the global reach of ambitious Irish companies into diversified export markets. The purpose of this framework is to communicate the capabilities and innovations of Irish exporters to buyers in international markets, particularly in the context of the challenges and opportunities posed by Brexit.
As part of the strategy, key priorities for Enterprise Ireland will be:
— Driving innovation in Irish enterprise to unprecedented levels through new supports to reach the target of 1 250 000 000 EUR in R&D expenditure per annum by 2020.
— Increasing the reach of client company exports into new markets, with two-thirds of exports going beyond the UK.
— Major focus on the Eurozone, targeting a 50 per cent increase in exports.
Under the four-year strategy to Build Scale, Expand Reach, Enterprise Ireland has set out its communications and marketing objectives which will complement the corporate strategy, supporting the organisation and its clients companies to deliver on the goals set above.
In line with the new four year strategy, Enterprise Ireland is currently in the process of implementing a new Client Engagement Model (CEM) of working with its client base, in order to help them scale and expand their businesses.
To support the delivery of this strategy, Enterprise Ireland proposes to engage in a competitive process for the establishment of a single party framework agreement for the provision of corporate communications projects services which will support and promote Enterprise Ireland client companies looking to expand and export into new international markets, particularly in the context of Brexit, with a strong focus on the Eurozone region.
II.2.7)Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
The option to extend for further periods of one (1) year, subject to a maximum of four (4) years subject to satisfactory performance, business needs and budgetary constraints.
For the avoidance of doubt, Enterprise Ireland confirms that the period of any contracts awarded under the framework agreement may extend beyond the date of expiry of the agreement.
II.2.9)Information about the limits on the number of candidates to be invited
II.2.10)Information about variants
II.2.11)Information about options
II.2.12)Information about electronic catalogues
II.2.13)Information about European Union funds
All information relating to tenders is published on www.etenders.gov.ie only
eTenders RFT ID: 115743.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1)Conditions for participation
III.1.1)Suitability to pursue the professional activity, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
III.1.2)Economic and financial standing
III.1.3)Technical and professional ability
III.1.5)Information about reserved contracts
III.2)Conditions related to the contract
III.2.1)Information about a particular profession
III.2.2)Contract performance conditions:
III.2.3)Information about staff responsible for the performance of the contract
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
On grounds of urgency, and in accordance with the provisions of Articles 28(1), 28(6)(a) and 28(6)(b) of Directive 2014/24/EU of the European Parliament and of The Council the Contracting Authority is employing shortened timescales for the conduct of this competition. This course of action is justified on the basis of the strategic significance of this requirement for the implementation of a range of initiatives on the part of the Contracting Authority to help client companies to scale and expand their business into diversified export markets in light of the current period of economic uncertainty.
IV.1.3)Information about a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system
IV.1.4)Information about reduction of the number of solutions or tenders during negotiation or dialogue
IV.1.6)Information about electronic auction
IV.1.8)Information about the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
IV.2.1)Previous publication concerning this procedure
IV.2.2)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.2.3)Estimated date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.2.4)Languages in which tenders or requests to participate may be submitted:
IV.2.6)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.2.7)Conditions for opening of tenders
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
VI.2)Information about electronic workflows
ETenders RFT ID: 115743
1) The estimated total value of the any purchases pursuant to the framework agreement is in the region of 240 000 EUR to 400 000 EUR (ex. VAT) over the lifetime of the agreement. It is emphasised, however, that this figure is provided strictly for indicative purposes only as there is no guaranteed expenditure under the framework agreement. Note: that the period of any contracts awarded under the framework agreement may extend beyond the date of expiry of the agreement.
2) Interested parties must register their interest on the eTenders website (www.etenders.gov.ie) in order to be included on the mailing list for clarifications. All information relating to attachments, including clarifications and changes, will be published on the Irish Government Procurement Opportunities Portal (www.etenders.gov.ie) only. Registration is free of charge. Enterprise Ireland will not accept responsibility for information relayed (or not relayed) via third parties.
3) The numbers invited to tender will be five (5) subject to that number qualifying.
4) This is the sole call for competition for this service.
5) Enterprise Ireland will not be responsible for any costs, charges or expenses incurred by candidates or tenderers.
6) Contract award will be subject to the approval of the competent authorities.
7) It will be a condition of award that candidates are tax compliant.
8) If for any reason, it is not possible to establish the framework agreement or award the initial contract to the designated successful tenderer emerging from this competitive process; Enterprise Ireland reserves the right to establish the framework with the next highest scoring tenderer on the basis of the terms advertised at any time during the tender validity period. This shall be without prejudice to the right of Enterprise Ireland to cancel this competitive process and/or initiate a new contract award procedure at its sole discretion.
9) At its absolute discretion, Enterprise Ireland may elect to terminate this procurement process, the framework agreement or any contract awarded under the framework agreement at any time.
10) Please note in relation to all documents, that where reference is made to a particular standard, make, source, process, trademark, type or patent, that this is not to be regarded as a de facto requirement. In all such cases it should be understood that such indications are to be treated strictly and solely for reference purposes only, to which the words ‘or equivalent’ will always be appended.
11) Without prejudice to the principle of equal treatment, Enterprise Ireland is not obliged to engage in a clarification process in respect of questionnaires with missing or incomplete information. Therefore, Applicants are advised to ensure that they return fully completed questionnaires in order to avoid the risk of elimination from the competition.
VI.4)Procedures for review
VI.4.2)Body responsible for mediation procedures
The Contracting Authority will not conclude this framework agreement (and the reviewable public contract) to which a standstill period applies in accordance with Irish Statutory standstill Instrument SI 130 of 2010, until after the expiry of the standstill period which commences on the day following the date of notification of concerned candidates and tenderers. The duration of period will be 14 calendar days where notifications are sent electronically or by fax and 16 calendar days where these are sent by any other means. The Statutory Instrument mentioned above provides that review procedures are available in the High Court to a person who has or has had an interest in obtaining the framework agreement (including the reviewable public contract) and alleges that he or she has been harmed or is at risk of being harmed by an infringement of the law in relation to that framework agreement and reviewable public contract.
VI.4.4)Service from which information about the review procedure may be obtained
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: