SummaryPlease scroll down for full details
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name and addresses
Penallta House, Tredomen Park, Ystrad Mynach
Contact person: Chris Davidge
Telephone: +44 1443863063
Fax: +44 1443863167
NUTS code: UKL16
Main address: www.caerphilly.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.sell2wales.gov.wales/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA0272
I.4)Type of the contracting authority
Section II: Object
II.1)Scope of the procurement
The provision of Chemical Safe Disposal.
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
The provision of a service for the collection and appropriate disposal/recycling of Chemical and Paint from the Council's Chemical Safes that are located at the Councils Civic Amenity / Household Waste Recycling (CA/HWRC) Sites. The Council intends for the initial contract to be established for a period of 60 months (1.5.2017 to 30.4.2022) with an option to extend for a further period of up to 24 months at intervals to be agreed by the Council.
II.1.5)Estimated total value
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.2)Additional CPV code(s)
II.2.3)Place of performance
The Chemical Safes are situated at 6 named Civic Amenity/Household Waste Recycling (CA/HWR) Sites that are located in the County Borough of Caerphilly.
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
A service is required for the collection and appropriate disposal of Chemical and Paint from its Chemical Safes that are located at the Councils Civic Amenity/Household Waste Recycling (CA/HWRC) Sites. Further details are set out within the specification requirements contained within the Invitation to Tender document.
II.2.7)Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
Duration in months is 84, which is the anticipated initial contract duration being 60 months with an option to extend for a further period of 24 months at intervals to be agreed by the Council.
II.2.10)Information about variants
II.2.11)Information about options
II.2.12)Information about electronic catalogues
II.2.13)Information about European Union funds
The procurement process for this arrangement will follow a 2-stage, Open Procedure. Tenderers will be required to pass the selection stage response before the award criteria stage will be considered.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1)Conditions for participation
III.1.1)Suitability to pursue the professional activity, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Tenderers will be required to hold a Hazardous Waste Carriers Licence and a Waste Management License (if applicable).
III.1.2)Economic and financial standing
III.1.3)Technical and professional ability
All drivers must hold Certificates of Professional Competence (CPC) and ADR Vocational Training Certificates for Drivers of Vehicles Carrying Dangerous Goods (where applicable).
III.1.5)Information about reserved contracts
III.2)Conditions related to the contract
III.2.1)Information about a particular profession
III.2.2)Contract performance conditions:
The Council encourages tenderers to attempt to prioritise Closed Loop Recycling as defined in the Welsh Government's Municipal Sector Plan Part 1 — Towards Zero Waste One Wales: One Planet. Social community benefit requirements have been included. The Council where possible would encourage the service provider to engage with a Community RePaint reuse scheme in order that any paint that is collected from CA/HWRC site that is leftover as reusable paint from residents could be redistributed to those who need paint but cannot afford it such as individuals, families, community groups and charities in need.
III.2.3)Information about staff responsible for the performance of the contract
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.3)Information about a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system
IV.1.4)Information about reduction of the number of solutions or tenders during negotiation or dialogue
IV.1.6)Information about electronic auction
IV.1.8)Information about the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
IV.2.1)Previous publication concerning this procedure
IV.2.2)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.2.3)Estimated date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.2.4)Languages in which tenders or requests to participate may be submitted:
IV.2.6)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.2.7)Conditions for opening of tenders
Penallta House, Tredomen Park, Ystrad Mynach, CF82 7PG.
In accordance with Caerphilly County Borough Council Standing Orders for Contracts.
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
During the first quarter (January to March) of year 2022.
VI.2)Information about electronic workflows
Tenderers must express an interest in this tender by completing the following:
1. Log in to the Proactis Supplier Portal at https://supplierlive.proactisp2p.com/Account/Login
2. Click the ‘Sign Up’ option on the Portal homepage (If already registered go to point 11).
3. Enter your correct Organisation Name, Details and Primary Contact Details.
4. Please make a note of the Organisation ID and User Name, then click ‘Register’.
5. You will then receive an email from the system asking you to follow a link to activate your account.
6. Please enter the information requested, clicking on the blue arrow to move on to the next stage and follow the instructions ensuring that you enter all applicable details.
7. In the Classification section please ensure that you select the Product Classification Codes (CPV Codes) that appear in the tender notice, it is essential that only CPV Codes specific to your organisation are added to your profile.
8. Buyer Selection. At this stage you are required to indicate which Buyer Organisations you would like to register with. Please remember to register with Caerphilly to ensures that you will be alerted to all relevant opportunities.
9. Terms and Conditions. Read the terms and conditions of the use of this Supplier Portal and tick the box to denote you have read and understood the terms and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree you cannot complete the registration process. Once you have agreed click on the blue arrow to move on to the next stage.
10. Insert a password for the admin user and repeat it. The password MUST be between 6 and 50 characters in length. It must contain at least 2 number(s). Once completed select ‘Complete Registration’ and you will enter the Supplier Home page.
11. From the Home Page, go to the ‘Opportunities’ icon, all current opportunities will be listed. Click on the blue arrow under the field ‘Show Me’ of the relevant opportunity then click to register your interest on the applicable button.
12. Refresh your screen by clicking on the opportunities icon located on the left hand side, to view the opportunity click the blue arrow.
13. Note the closing date for completion of the relevant project. To find all available documentation please dropdown the ‘Request Documents’ option and click to download all documents.
14. You can now either complete your response or ‘Decline’ this opportunity.
All queries are to be made via the messaging system on the Proactis portal. Please note we will not accept any questions/queries via telephone/email.
Supplier guides are available via the portal and this contract notice detailing how to use the eTender system.
If you require assistance please contact Natasha Ford 01443 863075 — firstname.lastname@example.org or the procurement team on 01443 863161. Procurement Clinics are also available should you require further assistance when completing and submitting your tender or for general tendering advice aside from this process.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Sell2Wales Web Site at http://www.sell2wales.gov.wales/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=57278.
Under the terms of this contract the successful supplier(s) will be required to deliver Community Benefits in support of the authority's economic and social objectives. Accordingly, contract performance conditions may relate in particular to social and environmental considerations. The Community Benefits included in this contract are:
The Council where possible would encourage the service provider to engage with a Community RePaint reuse scheme in order that any paint that is collected from CA/HWRC site that is leftover as reusable paint from residents could be redistributed to those who need paint but cannot afford it such as individuals, families, community groups and charities in need.
VI.4)Procedures for review
Penallta House, Tredomen Park, Ystrad Mynach
Telephone: +44 1443863161
Fax: +44 1443863167
VI.4.2)Body responsible for mediation procedures
VI.4.4)Service from which information about the review procedure may be obtained
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: