SummaryPlease scroll down for full details
1. Publication reference:
3. Programme title:
Clean energy cooperation with India (CECI).
5. Contracting authority:The European Union , represented by the European Commission, on behalf of and for the account of India, New Delhi , INDIA.
6. Nature of contract:
7. Contract description:
The project 'Clean energy cooperation with India' (CECI) aims to enhance India's capacity to deploy low carbon energy production and improve energy efficiency, thereby contributing to the mitigation of global climate change. Project activities will support India's efforts to secure the supply of energy and contribute to global energy security. In doing so, the project will also aim at creating opportunities for European businesses in the energy technologies sector (renewables, energy efficiency, electrical network equipment).
Following from the above, the technical assistance services to be provided under this project will be divided into 3 lots, as follows:
1) preparation of a pilot project in offshore wind energy demonstration, up to the 'ready-to-order' phase;
2) support to the Indian Government's planned green energy corridors (GECs);
3) legal and policy support to the development and implementation of energy efficiency legislation for the building and heating, ventilation and air conditional sectors, combined with support to the activities of the following joint working groups in the framework of the EU–India energy panel: 1) energy security; 2) renewables/energy efficiency/smart integration; and 3) coal and clean coal.
8. Indicative budget:
1. Support to a first offshore wind energy pilot; 1 550 000;
2. Support to the realisation of green energy corridors (GECs); 1 550 000;
3. Support to the development and implementation of energy efficiency legislation for the building sector and to the joint working groups under the EU–India energy panel; 1 750 000.
9. Intended timing of publication of the contract notice:
10. Additional information
11. Legal basis:
Regulation (EU) No 236/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11.3.2014 laying down common rules and procedures for the implementation of the Union's instruments for financing external action and Regulation (EU) of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing a partnership instrument for cooperation with third countries.
There must be a minimum period of 30 calendar days between the publication of this prior information notice and the publication of the corresponding contract notice.
No applications or requests for information should be sent at this stage.