SummaryPlease scroll down for full details
Common procurement vocabulary (CPV):
79400000 Business and management consultancy and related services — RB06 For trade economics
1. Publication reference:
5. Contracting authority:European Union , represented by the European Commission, on behalf of and for the account of the beneficiary country, New Delhi , INDIA.
6. Nature of contract:
7. Contract description:
The EU–India capacity-building initiative for trade development (CITD) aims to modernise and enhance the capacity of India's trade-related regulatory institutions and enforcement systems in order to meet international standards and requirements. The overall objective is to support India in strengthening its capacity to achieve economic growth and sustainable development, and ultimately poverty reduction, through further integration into the global trading system.
In the framework of the programme, workshops, seminars, study visits, studies and research work will be needed to cover subjects complementing and supporting the following areas of expertise:
(1) SPS and food safety;
(2) standards and technical requirements;
(3) intellectual property rights;
(4) support to customs efficiency; and
(5) competition policy.
Other trade or private sector development issues will also be potential areas for conferences, studies/research.
The consultancy company ('the consultant') will provide expertise for achieving the following expected results:
(1) performing different types of studies (baseline, assessment, impact) and analytical research on trade-related issues. Tentatively 2 or 3 studies per year will be expected, depending on actual needs, as requested by the EU Delegation to India and as specifically agreed with the Government of India;
(2) organisation of workshops, seminars, conferences, visits, traineeships and training in India or in the EU, providing technical knowledge, when requested, facilitation services and full logistic support. 1 or 2 activities per year will be expected, depending on actual needs.
It is expected that the contract will commence in the second half of 2014 with an end date of 30.9.2017. Indicative number of time input: a maximum of 320 man-days (key expert/non-key experts).
8. Numbers and titles of lots:
The contract is divided into lots:
No, 1 lot only.
Maximum budget: 750 000 EUR.
10. Intended timing of publication of procurement notice:
11. Additional information
12. Legal basis:
Regulation (EC) No 1905/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18.12.2006.
13. Date of dispatch of this notice:
There must be a minimum period of 30 calendar days between the publication of this contract forecast and the publication of the corresponding procurement notice.
No applications or requests for information should be sent at this stage.